now browsing by category
One of my favorite movies is The Matrix.
The movie takes place in a future time where computers have enslaved the human race making them effectively into batteries. People don’t know they are slaves because the Matrix plants false memories and episodes in their heads simulating real life.
A small group of people have awakened from the Matrix and are trying to awaken the rest of mankind to defeat the computer program slave masters.
Perhaps the most important thought I got from the movie is how so many people live their lives exactly like they are living in the Matrix, without real control of their lives. They wait to be acted on instead of taking action and control of their own lives. They are firmly inside the box and can’t think outside of it.
The hero, Neo, is believed to be THE ONE who will finally be able to pull his mind completely out of the Matrix to control it rather than having it control him. They believe he is the hope of mankind.
Here are some of my favorite quotes from the movie
- Morpheus: I can only show you the door. You’re the one who has to walk through it.
2. Morpheus: There’s a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.
3. Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That’s impossible. Instead… only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon boy: Then you’ll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
4. Morpheus: What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world. You don’t know what it is, but it’s there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
5. Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
Morpheus: No, Neo. I’m trying to tell you that when you’re ready, you won’t have to.
6. Morpheus: The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
7. Neo: I know you’re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you’re afraid… you’re afraid of us. You’re afraid of change. I don’t know the future. I didn’t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it’s going to begin. I’m going to hang up this phone, and then I’m going to show these people what you don’t want them to see. I’m going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.
8. Morpheus: You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt, and disbelief, Free your mind.
9. Morpheus: The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you’re inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.
10. Morpheus: What are you waiting for? You’re faster than this. Don’t think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me.
There are some great quotes in this movie that can get you thinking outside the box. How often we let the illusion of what we are capable of cloud what we really can do.
We also let our unseen limitations limit the success we have in life and in our business.
If you have found value in this please leave a comment and share with friends.
P. S. For some really hot and timely information that can help you succeed, listen to the world’s top online marketers give tips and hints every Wednesday for FREE. Join me in the MLSP weekly webinars at 9 PM Eastern Time. >>>>CLICK HERE<<<<
(If the hotlink doesn’t work, copy and paste this link in the browser navigation bar: http://bit.ly/wednesday-webinar.)
I recently did a video review of Copywriting Mastery by Brian Fanale.
Brian Fanale is one of the founders of My Lead System Pro and is arguably one of the best copywriters in the world.
In this review, I show you the back office of the Copywriting Mastery course so you know exactly what is in it.
I also explain what you’ll get from the course.
Here you go:
I hope you’ll join me every Wednesday for some free training.
There is a new presenter every week to give you the latest training and techniques to make you successful
in your internet marketing.
You’ll hear well-known successful marketers like, Rob Fore, Ray Higdon, Lena Bjorna, Michelle Pescosolido and many others.
Keep this link so you can attend every week.
Make the next few months push you to new levels.
Sponsor more into your Network Marketing Company or monetize your blog.
It’s all here.
Here’s your special link: Free Weekly Webinars
Here is some free training for you today from my friend Anji.
Anji tells how she went from thousands of dollars in debit to having a sustainable and successful online business allowing her to move to a tropical paradise.
You can do it too.
Hope you enjoy it and get some value.
After watching the training, CLICK HERE.
I worked for a guy who never told his employees anything good about what they were doing.
He was sure to point out when you screwed up and tell you you could be replaced. One woman worked for him for over 10 years and he never recognized her contribution to the company.
It was not a happy place to work. You did your job and went home.
If you have a network marketing company, you need to keep your team engaged and happy with recognition. It’s really easy these days to sponsor a team mate using the internet and then forget they exist.
Constant contact and recognition for even the smallest gains is necessary to keep your team. Without it, they are guaranteed to quit.
Napoleon Bonaparte knew the secret and he nearly conquered all of Europe.
He said, “I have made the most wonderful discovery, I have discovered men will risk their lives, even die, for ribbons and men will also die to avoid having their ribbons taken away.”
What ways have you found to give your employees or team members the recognition they deserve?
Leave a comment.
You may have listened to my podcast interview last month with Renee Schofield who took a failing business to success.
Schofield, owner of TSS, Inc., will be honored as the SBA Alaska 2015 Small Business Person of the Year on May 7 in Ketchikan. The SBA holds a ceremony for winners from all 50 states in May 8 in Washington, DC.
She’s been keeping this under her hat for a while but the announcement was made and the news published.
Here’s a news article that gives more information:
As a musician, I’ve found that when I want to learn a new piece of music for performance, it’s best to memorize it.
It’s fine to go from a piece of sheet music but if you really want to create a memorable performance, the music should be part of you.
That requires memorization.
In learning a new piece of music, I find that going through the piece and finding the hard parts and learning them first is a good place to start.
Then start going from the beginning and learning the whole piece. When you reach the hard parts, you’ll already have them ironed out.
The hard parts are also, most frequently, the most memorable parts of the piece.
Once you have learned the piece, you can put emotion and part of yourself into it.
That’s how notable performances are created.
The same thing can be applied to almost any endeavor you pursue such as creating your own business.
What are the hard parts of creating a business that need to be tackled first?
It’s usually the things that we are not good at.
- Technical pieces
- Learning business practices
- Website design
- And so forth
It’s the stuff we really don’t want to do because they are not the creative part of our business. They are not what we have a passion for (generally speaking).
There are those odd people who love that stuff but if you’re like me, that’s not what you want to focus on.
But they are not just important, they are vital to your success. They are the foundation that needs to be set so you can succeed. When they are in place, you can pour your heart into the content you love of your business.
That’s a big reason why so many businesses fail.
They have not put a foundation on their business that will ensure its success.
Take a look at your endeavor. Have you set the basics in place?
If you’re really not good at something you can outsource it. Make sure outsourcing is budgeted in to your business plan.
It can save you a lot of headache.
Are good places to find some reliable outsources.
Another popular one that is inexpensive and great for beginning entrepreneurs is https://www.fiverr.com/s/7w3gnc
They have a list of people that will do a wide variety of tasks for just $5.
Usually they will also have upgrades to their offers for additional fees but it’s usually minimal.
For example, I got a professional radio sweep for my podcast for $25 that is fabulous.
Poke around on Fiverr and see what they have available.
You may be surprised at the value here.
Renee Schofield started several years ago purchasing a tiny drug testing business.
In 2007 people were telling her to sell out because the business was sure to crash.
Then something happened. Renee won a national award as a woman entrepreneur and as part of the winning package, she got 6 months of free coaching.
It was that coaching that turned things around for Renee.
I interviewed Renee this week to get her whole story and it’s an interesting one.
Be sure to leave a comment and subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss any great interviews and information to help motivate your success.